Clinical Resource Nurse, Endoscopy
Serve as clinical resource nurse providing staff educational in-services, competencies, and new staff
- Developed staff orientation program for the registered nurse, charge nurse and endoscopy technician.
- Developed and, continue to modify as needed, multiple endoscopy documentation forms including nursing assessment database, physician history and physical, charge forms and special procedure physician orders.
- Coordinated and hosted five regional gastroenterology nursing conferences to benefit department education budget.
- Implemented and coordinated community and hospital colon cancer awareness programs including endoscopy departmental open-house presentations, off-site (Apple Harvest Day), and lobby display board
- Developed patient education brochures for endoscopic procedures. Presented educational poster on the development and implementation of brochures at the national Society for Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates Annual Course in 2007.
- Designed and implemented nursing research study on pain experienced during colonoscopy.
- Featured with research partner in 2007 Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Annual Nursing Report.
- Promote certification attainment resulting in over 50% of staff becoming gastroenterology
certified nurses and Wentworth-Douglass Hospital receiving national recognition from the
American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses.
Charge/Staff Nurse, Pain Management
Provided care for patients suffering from acute and chronic pain conditions. Assessed and recorded patient information. Prepared and assisted with outpatient patient procedures for pain management including epidural steroid injections, cryotherapy, and various pain blocks.
- Aided in development and growth of department through staff training.
- Designed nursing assessment database.
- Member of Performance Improvement Team
Staff Nurse, Cardiology/Cardiac Cath Lab
Delivered a complete range of RN services and expertise for patients experiencing acute and chronic cardiac disease states.
- Accurately obtained and documented patient history and medication lists, assessed individual conditions and needs.
- Assessed individual conditions and needs.
- Prepared equipment and assisted physicians during patient examinations and treatments including cardiac stress tests, Holter monitor testing and cardiac catherizations
- Maintained a high degree of accuracy to achieve optimal patient monitoring and testing results.
Charge/Staff Nurse, Telemetry
Provided triage, referrals, direct nursing care, cardiac monitoring and medication administration to patients with acute cardiac and medical conditions.
- As part of code team, responded to arrest events hospital wide.
- Created, managed, and maintained patient medical and health records.
- Advanced to RN3 based on peer recommendations and unit contributions.